The greatest opportunity today is the improvement of sales skills and consistent follow-up by salespeople. You can dramatically increase sales and occupancy with the Hamlyn Mystery Shop Program – a powerful cost-effective tool that measures and sharpens your sales team’s interactions with prospects to drive more move-ins to your community.
Real-World Results Pinpoint Needs
Posing as prospects, our seasoned senior-industry professionals inquire about your community through your web page, by phone and in person. You’ll receive a detailed, strategic report on how each salesperson is doing and where specific training can dramatically improve sales performance.
Using a timeline to track all correspondence (online, telephone, face-to-face) between your community and the mystery shopper, Hamlyn evaluates the:
- Ease in locating the community using search engines
- Rates the ease or difficulty in finding key elements of the website
- Ability to request information online and receive the information electronically
- Answering style and information contained in the greeting
- Length of time for a sales representative to get back to reply to your voice message
- Description of the sales representative’s sales technique including discovery, incentives, and next actions
Sales Person Face-to-Face
- Discovery questions asked and handling objections
- Presentation and tour tailored to needs
- Concepts explained (entrance fee, monthly fee, value of community, etc.)
- Closing attempts, incentive discussion and follow-up
- Length of time to receive
- Quality, information provided
- Form letter and/or personal note
- Length of time to receive follow-up call after brochure
What We Have Found:
Send requested information within 5 days?
- 30% took 12+ days
Follow up within 5 days after information is sent?
- 73% failed to follow up within 12 days
Return voice mail messages?
- 22% not returned within 7 days
*Findings from Hamlyn’s research of 55 continuing care retirement communities in Pennsylvania