Email Marketing Has Proven to be a Cost Effective Marketing Tool
Hamlyn Senior Marketing has found much success after implementing email marketing as an integral part of marketing strategy for their clients. Email marketing has not only increased traffic to our clients’ websites, but has also acted as a reminder to follow direct mail campaigns.
One example includes Hamlyn’s email marketing with Cadbury at Lewes, Delaware’s only continuing care retirement at the beach, which began in July of 2012. In a period of 8 months, Cadbury saw a dramatic 65% increase in unique visitors to its website – with email marketing following direct mail campaigns being a contributing factor. In addition, page views have increased by 23%. The emails have averaged a 40% Open Rate and a 10% Click-Through Rate which are double industry standards.
5 easy steps to create successful email campaigns:
1) Deliver Relevant and Timely Content: keep your leads informed on upcoming events, community news, or promote your most recent newsletter.
2) Keep it Short: draw attention with an eye catching headline and images. You have only a brief moment to win over the interest of the recipient.
3) Add Links to Your Website: either for recipients to register to an upcoming event, download the most recent newsletter or read more about the happening at your community.
4) Grow & Maintain Your List: add raffles when guests attend events to capture email addresses or simply have a contest to see how many email addresses each member of the sales team can capture when making call-outs to their existing leads. Also, it’s important, make sure to remove those who opt-out or have bounced email addresses.
5) Track the Results: analyze open and click-through rates as well as website traffic to help build your email strategies going forward.