Black Friday is an inspirational day for shoppers. Some get up before the sun rises to scramble for the best deals and discounts, while others thoughtfully shop from the comfort of their homes.
For senior living sales teams, Black Friday is inspirational, too. It is one of THE best days of the year to make sales calls.
- have become overwhelmed by the demands of hosting holiday events
- find the activity and stimulation of the holidays exhausting rather than energizing
- have emerging or escalating care needs
- feel isolated, lonely and depressed
- seek to enjoy their retirement years with more freedom and less responsibility
- are alarmed by their loved one’s deteriorating health
- cannot accommodate the needs of their loved one
- live far away from their loved one
- cannot agree with other family members about how to share in care of an older adult
- extend a warm and genuine holiday greeting
- ask how Thanksgiving went
- listen carefully for cues of discontent, worry, stress and/or alarm
- do not interrupt
- ask what would help make the holidays better. Get their ideas first so you can address their needs correctly
- take notes during the call and add more details once you hang up, while the conversation is still fresh
- get a commitment for another conversation or a visit before you hang up the phone
- follow up
P.S. If you need help with a conversational script, please call us to explore support.