Industry Benchmarks for 2011
The best way to plan for the future is by measuring the past. Hamlyn’s 2011 Marketing Metrics benchmarks for the senior living industry gauged performance and drive planning.
Click here to download Hamlyn’s 2011 Marketing Metrics or read the excerpt below:
But in 2011, how can you benchmark your sales and marketing goals?
How many leads do I need? How should I budget to make my sales goal?
These important questions can only be answered using marketing metrics based on today’s marketing realities. New norms that reflect the real world of sales and marketing are needed to gauge performance and drive planning.
Hamlyn Senior Marketing has tracked and compiled marketing metrics over the past year that we are pleased to share with you. These metrics are derived from several sources including:
- communities Hamlyn has worked with and ongoing industry surveys we conduct to discover emerging trends
- reports from Leading Age (formerly AASHA) and National Investment Center for the Seniors Housing & Care Industry (NIC)
- other industry sources such as Prudential and MetLife surveys
Notably, these metrics are remarkably consistent across various sources, underscoring their reliability. They show, for example, that today:
- An average of 2% of inquiries become sales, down from 3% prior to 2008
- 7% to 8% of sales presentations result in a deposit, down from 10% prior to 2008
Hamlyn’s entire 2011 Marketing Metrics document includes details on average conversion ratios, weekly call and presentation norms, inquiry costs for various lead generation vehicles, occupancy statistics and health care costs.
Questions? Call Cathy Martin, President at 856-857-0800 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.